Seafood Preparation -
Tips for Grilling (Broiling) or Barbequing Fish
When preparing your fish and seafood for
recipes, below are some useful tips and information that make life easier
when grilling, broiling and BBQ ing fish and seafood!
Grilling (Broiling) Fish
* Wash fish quickly under running water. Drain
and dry carefully before cooking. Never leave the fish to soak in water as it ruins
both the flesh and the flavour.
* Make allowances for the fat content of the fish you are
about to cook. All fish can be cooked in this manner, but a lean fish will require
frequent basting, while a fatty fish will not.
* Never cook fish too close to a fire, rapid heat burns and
dries fish out.
* Avoid overcooking fish. It should be moist and
tender. When flesh is translucent and can be easily flaked with a fork, the fish is
* Turn fish only once during cooking time and cook for a
shorter period on the second side as the fish is already heated through.
* Fish can be barbecued in foil to retain its juices.
When cooked, remove foil, reserve juices, brown quickly without foil and pour juices over
* Whole fish may be wrapped in several layers of wet
newspaper and cooked over embers. The skin will adhere to the newspaper when cooked.
Barbeque Fish Recipes
- From How To Cook Fish.info
Fish & Seafood Recipe Videos - How to
cook & clean abalone, sea bass with pepper sauce, Kentucky
fried catfish, miso glazed barramundi, rock oysters with
caviar, linguini with white clam sauce, Wild Alaska Tamarind
Cod, Jamaican codfish cakes, lobster, scallops, mahi recipes