Following an article in a Queensland
newspaper regarding some unsuspecting Anglers receiving large fines for an
"honest mistake" here is a list of General Recreational Fishing Rules from
Queensland Fisheries Management Authority:
TOP TEN RULES
FOR ANGLERS (Queensland)
The following is ILLEGAL:
1. To remove the skin from any fish on a
boat (Once ashore they can be skinned)
2. To possess, rear, sell, buy or bring into Queensland noxious fish.
3. Jagging or foul-hooking fish (commonly done on schools of fish,
4. Using explosives, poisons or electrical devices to take fish.
5. Interfering with authorised aquaculture activities.
6. Removing oysters from any oyster ground. (Although you can eat them on
7. Obstructing lawful netting operations, damaging or interfering with
8. Collecting coral without authority.
9. Interfering with marine life in a fish habitat area.
10.Removing, damaging or interfering with markers or signs erected under
the authority of fisheries legislation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION,